Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Project!

As many of you know, I have been "dabbling" in HAM radio. My husband has been enjoying it for years, but when his vision started going, he was unable to drive himself to the meetings. SO, I started taking him. At first, I dropped him off and picked him up, but I finally decided I just as well find out what it was all about. So I started going to the meetings, too.

In December, I passed my Technician's license (KF5JFM) and in March, I passed my General. I am currently working on my Extra license. I enjoy teaching and writing, so I have been doing a newsletter for TRO, one of the groups I attend, and I hope to become a VE sometime in the future.

So, what's my new project? I'm thinking about starting an all-girls HAM event. The boys have a donut day every Friday. There is too much testosterone there for me and the donuts are fattening. I got talking with Cathy, another female amateur operator and friend of mine, and decided we needed a Panera Bread group. She said the boys would probably come after they found out how good it was. I said we'll give it a name that will keep them away! So, here it is: The Pink HAMsters! I even had a logo and Facebook Page made for us!


Now, all I have to do is figure out when we will meet and start "hamming it up" with the girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment