Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

SCBWI-Writer's Group

If you don't have a writer's group, you need to find one. I am a member of two: SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writer's and Illustrators) and ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers).

Tonight, at my local SCBWI meeting, we were honored to have Ally Carter, author of Heist Society, speak. It was so good! She was funny, as well as informative. We learned all about her road to success, both the good and the bad. Even if I don't write in that genre, it was very informative and inspirational. I got an autographed copy of her book, too!

And then, there is the before and after meeting with all my writer friends. It's so nice to be able to bounce ideas off one another, cheer for those who get published and give a hug to those who get a rejection. We all need friends, especially those who are going through the same things as we are. I wouldn't miss this for anything.

Thanks to Anna Meyers, Pati Hailey, and Helen Newton for planning these events. You are SO appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment