Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Prompt of the day: Frost and Irascible

This is my birthday month - I'll be one year closer to that "three-quarters of a century" mark which happens next year. Like frost on the ground, my hair is much whiter than it was a year ago. Is that because I'm older, wiser, or more stressed? 

Age mellows people. I'm definitely less irascible than I was in my 20s or 30s. I wonder why that is? Could it be, because as I age, I realize I don't know it all; and therefore, there is less to argue about? Or could it be because I realize my time is short, so why waste it arguing? Or, maybe it's because I don't have the energy to spare! Arguing raises the blood pressure and wears out this feeble machine I live in.

I believe it's all of the above. Being irascible takes too much energy, takes too much time, and only proves I don't know it all. Instead, I will simply settle myself down, gently, like frost floating down on a beautiful lily, and live one year longer! 





No comments:

Post a Comment