Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Writing Groups


Now that I'm out of college, I have time to work on my fiction and children's writing goals. I also have time to get involved in a writing group or two.

This month, I've been checking out local writer's groups to find one that would not only help me with my writing goals, but also be one in which I would enjoy volunteering my time. So far this month, I visited SCBWI-OK (Tulsa group) and WIN. Both were wonderful. At WIN, we watched a video about The Hero's Two Journeys. It was excellent and I learned a lot. I'm looking forward to attending again next month.


Last week, I went to SCBWI - the Tulsa Schmooze. I had the privilege of talking with Anna Myers and Gwendolyn Hooks. That was a treat! They are both excellent writers and speakers.

I've also signed up to go to a SCBWI critique the end of January, their Spring conference in March and their nonfiction writer's conference in June.

Next week, I want to visit the Tulsa Night Writers group. There are so many great groups in this area. It's going to be hard to decide in which to get involved on a regular basis.

In the meantime, I'm busy rewriting and rewriting and rewriting a children's story that I want to have critiqued at the March conference. So much to look forward to. I guess I won't miss college after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment