Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Writer's Groups

For the past two months, I've been exploring writer's groups. I've joined three: Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, American Christian Fiction Writers, and Oklahoma's Writer's Federation, Inc. I've also joined the local affiliates of these organizations including SCBWI-OK, WIN, and Tulsa Night Writers.

I've also signed up to attend the SCBWI conference in OKC where I'll have my first fiction children's book critiqued.

In the process of all this, I've met many wonderful, local authors. You'll see some of them sprinkled throughout my posts. They have been encouraging as well as inspirational.

If you're thinking about become a writer, I highly recommend that you get involved in some writer's groups. This has inspired me to actually put the pen to the paper. I've thought about writing fiction for years, but never did it. Attending group meetings and workshops, as well as meeting local authors who have published, has given me the inspiration I needed to get started. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment