Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Open House Today

Today was Open House for parents interested in sending their kids to Cornerstone Tutorial Center next school year. I don't know how many came as we were all in different rooms, but I was pretty busy all morning meeting new parents and students. 

I'm pretty excited about this coming year as I'm adding some new classes for grades 3-6: Crime Scene Investigation, Electronics, Kids Can Write and Oklahoma History. These will be fun classes that will also sneak in a little math, science, government, composition, history, etc. 

The other wonderful thing that happened today is that my daughter, Shelly Downes, joined us at CTC. She is currently working on her Master's thesis and finishing up her Master's Degree in English from Northeastern State University, and she is also an adjunct professor at Tulsa Community College teaching Freshman Composition. In her spare time (ha!), she is going to teach a college prep composition class at CTC, as well as a creative writing class. It was really fun, today, introducing her to my students from last year. Shelly was homeschooled from K-12th grade, and I'm very proud of her. I know the kids will love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment