Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

After the Conference

That brings this blog up to date on the Conference. Overall, I found it informative and worthwhile. I wish they would have offered tapes of the sessions so that I could hear the ones I missed. It was hard to pick from the variety they had available.

Would I do it again? Not in the winter! The rest of my week has been really wild. On Monday, I rested up. On Tuesday, I did a research trip to Philadelphis and visited Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's original home, Betsy Ross House (it was closed), the Mint, and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers. Independence Hall was fabulous!

I got to eat a genuine Philly Cheesesteak at the Philadelphia Bourse and even got a peanut butter Tasty Cake - all my favorite East Coast foods!

Wednesday, I was supposed to fly home, but my flight got cancelled because of snow - 16" in Philly! I tried to get out on Thursday, but only got to St. Louis. Had to spend the night at a hotel. Today, Friday, I'm trying to make my way back to Tulsa. Right now, I'm waiting for breakfast; then it's back to the airport. Got my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment