Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Teaching Composition

I wanted to pass on a resource I am using in my Composition class at Cornerstone Tutorial Center. It's called Writing to Texts by Newmark Learning. Here's what I like about it:

Writing to Texts
1. It covers both expository writing and persuasive writing.

2. It provides the articles to use. You don't have to find your own.

3. It teaches the students to understand a writing prompt and how to answer it effectively. This is a skill that is needed.

4. It provides a choice of prompts with each lesson. Some are better than others, but there is at least one that you will like.

5. It is reproducible for use in your classroom.

As usual, I don't use the book exactly as written, but what teacher does? However, it does give me everything I need to create an effective lesson. (Shhh! A secret: I even use this in my high school classes - I just wite-out the grade level on the reproducibles!)

No comments:

Post a Comment