Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Cozy Mystery Progress

It's been 21 days since I started working on my cozy mystery, and I'm happy to report that I am making progress as promised!

Today, I actually wrote the first scene for the story. Up to now, I have been busy working on a plot outline, developing my characters, and creating a setting. Not all of this is finished, but I have a good working outline. So, I decided to at least start the story. I'll have to continue working on my characters and settings and plot, but I'm at a place where I can at least begin.

I am using Scrivener, which I love. I have created a cast of characters using a template I created from several books. I have mapped out my town, however, I can already see some changes that need to be made. More on this later. I have a skeleton plot. My biggest challenge at this point is my villain. I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with one I like. I have one I'm working with, but I'm not sure if he's a keeper. Lots to think about!

In the midst of all this, I am teaching at Cornerstone Tutorial Center, playing chauffeur for my husband, Bill, and packing for my move in April. It's a lot to juggle, but I'm determined to keep on keeping on. I had three days where I did not write at all; but, thanks to Ramona's Sprint, I am writing a minimum of one hour a day. It's not much, but it's all I've got right now. I feel like the turtle in The Tortoise and the Hare!

No comments:

Post a Comment