Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Accountability

One of the problem with writing is that it is a solo occupation. This makes it very easy to "put it off until tomorrow," therefore, I've been looking for some kind of accountability.

Then, I met Ramona DeFelice Long through Sisters in Crime, and she invited me to her online Writer's Sprint every day at 7 a.m. Eastern time. The goal is to post on the board at 7, then write for one hour, and then re-post on the board after you have completed your "sprint."

This has been a wonderful inspiration for me. Every morning, I get up and write for one hour before doing anything else. Then, I post my accomplishments on Ramona's page. Just knowing that some other writer friends are doing the same thing makes it so much easier to keep that commitment. And, I'm actually making progress on my book!

I'm also looking forward to getting to know all the writer's in this group. Maybe next time I head back east, I'll be able to meet them in person.

If you can't find a group of writer's in your local area or, if you're like me and have a crazy work schedule, try to find an online group. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment