Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Scrapbooking Cards

Last fall I taught a class to 3rd - 5th graders called, Kids Can Write. In the process, I took up the hobby of scrapbooking. I taught the kids some of the techniques I learned so that they could use it in their writing journals. It was a lot of fun!

Unfortunately for my budget, the hobby didn't stop there. I got so interested in the making cards that I asked for and received a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas. I started going to a Stampin Up class taught by a friend of mine, Cindy Williams, and buying kits from Gina K Designs.

One of the first cards I made with my Silhouette was a Christmas Card for my Pink HAMster friends.


Next, I made a card for a friend who was going through some tough times. I used an idea from Gina K for this one. 

My brother who does clowning for the Shriners had a birthday, so I had to try out a clown card. I used the cut and print feature of the Silhouette for this project. 


My next project was a birthday card for a friend. I don't remember where I got this idea. I'm sure I stole it somewhere? 


A very nice sister of a friend of mine did some ancestry search for me, so I thought it appropriate to try to make an appropriate thank you card. This was what I came up with (based on a Gina K design). I tried to incorporate some old 50's images for the old look: 


In the meantime, I was having fun at my Stampin Up Class. Here are two of the cards I made there: 


This card was also a Gina K design that I made for a friend who is going through Chemotherapy: 


In the meantime, I was finding more ways to use my Silhouette. Here is some robots I made for my electronics class at school. We used this to make Robot "operation" games! 


I also used my Silhouette to create a poster for my ham radio club. I found this radio tower somewhere online and used it to create the focal point. 



Yesterday, I spent the evening making a belated Birthday card. I tried to create this design myself from a variety of ideas. Other than it is crooked, I was fairly happy with the results. I do hate it when things are crooked! 


So that is my scrapbooking adventures so far. I have a bit more time this summer, so I hope to create even more projects. It is my new favorite hobby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment