Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Review of "To Have and To Hold"

The Peterson and Miller team have always given me just what I want in a book: a great story, interesting characters, a bit of mystery and adventure, and , of course, romance.

Unfortunately, To Have and To Hold just didn't come up to par with their previous books. The characters were somewhat unbelievable. Their actions too weak. I had a hard time even liking the characters. 

The plot was thin and the story stretched out much longer than it needed. 'HOWEVER, these two authors are SO GOOD at writing that the book still kept my interest! I am amazed at their writing skills. Usually, with books like this, I call it quits and move on to something else. Sometimes, I'll skim the rest of the book to try to get some idea of the plot. But not this one. In spite of its flaws, it's still great writing. I read the whole thing and enjoyed it. I especially liked the historical setting. I felt as if I were right there on Bridal Veil Island with the characters.

If this is your first Peterson/Miller book, don't judge them by this one. Get some of the earlier works. I promise you, you'll be delighted. Afterwards, you'll even enjoy this one.


Here are two I really liked: 


The Carousel Painter

A Daughter's Inheritance

Note: I received this book from Bethany House to review. I was not required to write a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment