Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review of Lethal Remedy by Richard Mabry


This one kept me reading!

Lethal Remedy is about corruption in the pharmaceutical industry: get the drug out at all costs. When Dr. Sara Miles begins to investigate what she suspects are deadly side effects caused by the “wonder” drug, Jandramycin, “accidents” begin to happen. Her patients are dying, her life is threatened, and she doesn’t know whom to trust with her suspicions.

What I liked about the book is the plot. I know this is a fiction book, but I had a hard time distinguishing fact from fiction while reading it! Mabry uses his medical knowledge to create a book that is not only suspenseful, but also very believable! It didn’t take me long to finish the book because I wanted to find out what happened next!

I have to give the book 4 stars instead of 5 because I don't like the way Mabry uses italics to provide insight into the character’s thoughts. For some reason, I found this annoying. I would rather have discovered this information through conversation. A minor point, but it is one that affected my enjoyment of the book.

If you like medical thrillers, you’ll like this one. It’s not a Michael Crichton, but it’s still a good book. And, it will get you thinking about that next drug you take!

I received this book free from the publisher through netGalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment