Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review of After the Hangover

I don't read a lot of political books, but After the Hangover by R. Emmett Tyrrell looked interesting. I'm a conservative and, like many of my conservative friends, not too happy with the conservative political party at the present. I thought it would be interesting to read what Tyrrell had to say about it in his book and what can be done to make it better. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get through the book. I've tried several times to read it, but I get bogged down with all the descriptions and random information. I finally skimmed through the book trying to zero in on his point. I couldn't find one. 

In all fairness, perhaps if I were more interested in politics in general, I might have gotten more out of the book. However, if he hoped to "preach" to someone other than the "choir," it didn't work. I would like to see a book that was easier to read and provided more ideas on how to fix the conservative party. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment