Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review of Chasing Lilacs by Carla Stewart

I just finished Chasing Lilacs written by my friend, Carla Stewart. This is a WONDERFUL book!


It's a bittersweet story about life, death, and growing up in a small town in Texas. It will bring you to tears, make you laugh and bring back both the good and bad memories of life in the 1950's (for those of you that old!). 


For you younger folks, it's just a great book. I can see why this one is winning all kinds of awards. 


I started it yesterday with the intention of reading a little each night before I went to bed, but I just couldn't stop reading. I read it all way through and stayed up very late doing it! But it was worth it. I highly recommend this book. If you enjoy reading books like The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, you'll love Chasing Lilacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment