Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Susan May Warren's Seminar

The seminar with Susan May Warren was awesome! She's an outstanding teacher as well as an author. She has the art of writing fiction down to a science!

If you're looking for easy-to-follow instructions on how to write a novel, either go to one of her workshops or purchase her books. She has two: From the Inside Out and Deep and Wide

I'm working through From the Inside Out first. This is her beginner's book. The first thing she has you do is zero in on your writing genre. I found this extremely helpful as I have a tendency to have too many projects at a time. I discovered from this exercise that I enjoy nonfiction writing a lot. But I do want to write a mystery-romance novel. So, my plan is to spend more time on nonfiction, but to allow one morning a week to work on my novel. I may not finish it before Jesus comes back, but at least I'll be working on it!

There is so much to do in this book that I'm only on page 15 as of today. The next step is to learn about book elements and basic plots in order to determine where my book will fit. I'll update my progress as I work through the book!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete