Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Review of The Lightkeeper's Daughter by Colleen Coble

I love a good story and Colleen Coble’s story about a lighthouse keeper’s daughter is now one of my favorites. Addie Sullivan, the heroine of the story, discovers that she is someone else and presumed dead, along with her real mother. She is taken to live at her real father’s mansion as a tutor to her nephew, but forced to keep her real identity a secret until it can be determined if she actually is the missing heiress. The intrigue builds from here. Addie falls in love, discovers hidden clues to her identity, and becomes the target of someone who wants her dead.

The Lightkeeper's Daughter is one of those books that you will not be able to put down, especially towards the end of the book. I was reading so fast at the end that I had to re-read the last few chapters over again because I missed a lot of the details.

I especially enjoyed how Coble planted clues to the mystery and Addie had to interpret each clue to locate the next clue. It was like a puzzle that had to be solved, and it kept me rooting for Addie page after page.  

If you’re looking for a stay-awake, mystery-romance, that’s suspenseful and satisfying, you’ll love this book. This was the first book I read written by Colleen Coble. Now, I can’t wait for Coble to write another book!

No comments:

Post a Comment